RBST has a Conservation Officer based at our Head Office. Claire is able to help with queries regarding our conservation projects, breeding advice, sourcing stock and the RBST Gene Bank. You can contact Claire on 024 7669 8762 or email@example.com.
RBST has two field officers covering the UK who can help you with your query about keeping rare or native breeds.
Ruth Dalton covers Scotland, Northern Ireland and North England (Staffordshire, Derbyshire and Leicestershire and all points North). You can contact Ruth on 07880 584551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Richard Broad covers Wales and South England (Shropshire, Warwickshire, East Anglia and all counties to the South). You can contact Richard on 07772 007399 or email@example.com
Information on Breeds
Profiles - For breed profile please go to the Watchlist pages where you can click on the breed to see a picture, a brief history and breed description. Also included are downloads of the Ark magazine features, if available, plus the breed society website.
Breed Societies - Go to useful links for breed society contact details
- EID Sheep Tag Offer For Members
- RBST National Gene Bank For Sheep & Goats - Your questions answered
- Training Courses
- Breed Chart for Cattle/pigs/Sheep/Goats
- Members Discounts on Farm and Feed Supplies
- AI in Sheep
- Colour Inheritance in Sheep
- Control of Footrot in Sheep
- EID - What you need to know (Electronic Identification)
- List of breeds exempt from British Wool Marketing Board
- Sheep Skins
- To Lamb or Not to Lamb
- Vaccination of Sheep
- What to do with Sheep when your on Holiday
- Warning about short tail docking
- Animal Osteopathy
- Animal Health Plans - Making Plans
- Equine Infectious Anaemia
- Homoeopathy for Farm Animals
- Sharp Practice - Acupunture for animals
Feed & Forage
- The case for up grading - Should we or Shouldn't we Part 1
- The case against up grading - Should we or Shouldn't we Part2